The Grove at Delaware Park
One of the best dining options for families is the outdoor picnic grove next to the clubhouse. Located in the most picturesque area of the park, you can bring your own picnic or take advantage of the seasonally-offered BBQ selections. The Grove also provides a premium spot for viewing the horses in the landscaped Paddock, as well as the racetrack. Mutuel tellers and restrooms are conveniently located. This area, as well as the large white tent is available for private parties too.
2016 Live Racing Dates
Live Racing – 79th Season
May 21st through October 15th
Delaware Park Gears Up for 2016 Live Racing Season
81 days of live and premier races return to Stanton
Wilmington, Del., January 13, 2016 — Delaware Park received approval from the Delaware Thoroughbred Racing Commission today on dates for the 2016 live racing season. The 79th season of live racing at the Stanton oval will feature 81 days with the meet starting on Saturday, May 21st and concluding on Saturday, October 15th.
Live racing updates are as follows:
- During the first week, live racing will be held three days per week on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
- Live racing will be added on Thursdays from June 2nd through September 22nd.
- Beginning on September 29th, Thursdays will be dropped from the schedule and live racing will revert back to a Monday, Wednesday and Saturday schedule through closing day, October 15th.
- During the season, the first post time is set for 1:15 p.m. daily.
Delaware Park’s premier races including the Delaware Oaks (Gr. III) and the Delaware Handicap (Gr. I), will be held on July 9th and July 16th, respectively.
Outside alcoholic beverages, glass containers, Gas Grills, Firearms/Knives/Other Weapons, Pepper Spray/Mace, backpacks/Duffel Bags, Coolers, Thermoses, Fireworks, Noisemakers/Air Horns, Laser Lights/Pointers
- *Clear plastic bags will be allowed.
- *Coolers may be inspected
- *Grills – charcoal only
The Delaware Council on Gambling Problems offers confidential assistance to gamblers, their families, and to those who are concerned about a friend or colleague. The Council provides literature, support meeting information, treatment information, and 24-hour help. Speakers are available for community groups and for professional training.
HELPLINE 888-850-8888 | www.dcgp.org