The Delaware State Lottery offers through its authorized video lottery agent delawarepark.com (the “Video Lottery Agent”) to players ("you "or "player") its interactive poker and casino games services (the "Services") through an Internet-based gaming platform (the "Internet Platform"), under the delawarepark.com and Delaware Park Casino & Racing brands (collectively referred to as the “delawarepark.com Brand") operated by Scientific Games, LLC (“SG”) and 888 Holdings PLC (“888”) and their subsidiaries. In addition to offering the Services via the Internet Platform, the Delaware State Lottery may from time to time offer its Services via alternative means such as (i) interactive television, or (ii) mobile gambling platforms (each an "Alternative Platform").
When you register to and use the Services via the delawarepark.com Brand, whether through the Internet Platform or any Alternative Platform, you may be asked to provide certain personally identifiable information ("PII") to the Delaware State Lottery, its Video Lottery Agent, SG or 888 ("we" or "us").
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT TRANSITION:
Personal Identifiable Information Collection
We collect your PII when you register to and use the Services, make inquiries, register for information or other services from us, or when you respond to communications from us (such as questionnaires or surveys). The PII we will collect from you may include, for example, your name, email address, home address, telephone number, voice sample, credit card information and date of birth and other information which we may ask you to provide or otherwise collect from you. For the purposes of using the Services, you will also be required to consent to our use of location-based services to detect your geographic location.
How Your Information is Processed ("Purposes")
The PII which you provide to us will be processed by us or by our affiliates and third parties which provide services on our behalf for one or more of the following purposes:
- to allow us to provide you with the Services;
- to process any of your customer inquiries;
- to provide customer support services to you;
- to market our services, websites or products or those of any other body controlled by the State of Delaware (the "State of Delaware Bodies") or those of any of our business partners and affiliates;
- to notify you about updates to our gaming software or other services;
- to confirm financial transactions related to your account;
- to comply with licensing and regulatory requirements;
- to analyze your credit and fraud risk;
- for identification, verification and geolocation purposes;
- for data and statistical analysis and research and development purposes;
- for marketing research and customer profiling, or
- to support any of the intended purposes specifically stated at the time at which you provided the PII.
All "non-public personal information" as defined in Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (15 U.S.C. Section 6801, et seq.) and the implementing regulations thereunder (collectively, the "GLB Act"), as the same may be amended from time to time, that we receive from any individual or organization, concerning "customers" and/or "consumers" (as defined in the GLB Act) will at all times be collected, used and disclosed in accordance with the requirements and prohibitions of the GLB Act.
To Whom Your Information is Disclosed ("Recipients")
Your PII may be disclosed to any of the following Recipients:
- State of Delaware Bodies and their employees who have a need to know such information;
- to any third parties which provide services to us in order to allow or enable us to provide you with the Services, including by way of example providers of software and technology services, gaming services, marketing services, debt collection companies, payment processing and data verification services;
- any third party which facilitates the administration or enforcement of the Internet Lottery Regulations;
- to any auditors, contractors or other advisers auditing any of the Delaware State Lottery’s business processes or the finance part of the Services, or
- any potential purchasers or investors in the Delaware State Lottery, or of our service providers.
The recipients of your PII will be bound by appropriate agreements to keep your personal information private as required by applicable data protection and privacy laws.
If required by law, we may also disclose your PII to a governmental, regulatory, or enforcement authority. We also may disclose your PII when otherwise permitted by applicable privacy laws such as, for example, when disclosure is needed to enforce our rights arising out of any agreement, transaction or relationship with you.
In addition, we may also disclose your PII to any regulatory body in connection with policing the integrity or enforcing the rules of a game included in the Internet Platform or any Alternative Platform or prevention and detection of crime and fraud and if we have reasonable grounds to suspect that you may be involved in a breach of such rules or the law, have knowledge of a breach of such rules or the law or otherwise raise a threat to the integrity of such game. These bodies may then use your PII to investigate and act on any such violations in accordance with their respective procedures.
We may also disclose your Personal Information if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to protect and defend our rights or property or for the purposes of disaster recovery or otherwise, with your consent.
By using our services you acknowledge and agree that your PII may be disclosed to entities outside the United States of America and may be processed and stored outside the United States of America.
Your Choice - Direct Marketing
Out of respect for your right to privacy we are happy to provide you with an easy way to decline receiving marketing email offers from us or any of our affiliates or business partners. At any time, you may request to discontinue receiving these offers by sending a blank message with the word "Remove" in the subject area to firstname.lastname@example.org or by following the instructions on our email communications explaining how to unsubscribe from our email mailing lists. We will take appropriate steps to fulfill your request within reasonable time, however it may take a few days or longer to process your request during which you may still receive marketing communications from us. We reserve the right to send you non-marketing notices about your account, even if you opt-out of all email notifications.
Your Rights in relation to your PII
You can send us an email to email@example.com or write to us at any time to obtain a copy of your PII stored on our files or to notify us of any inaccuracies or changes related to your PII. We may levy a small charge to cover the cost of administration.
You should also do your part in protecting your Personal Information by safeguarding your login information at all times and using your best efforts to protect its secrecy and confidentiality.
Security - Our Policies Regarding the Protection of the Confidentiality and Security of Your PII
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your PII from unauthorized access or intrusion. We limit access to the PII only to those employees, service providers, contractors, business partners and agents who need such access in connection with providing products or services to you or for other legitimate business purposes. We will at all times comply with all laws and regulations to which we are subject regarding the collection, use and disclosure of PII.
We may send you a cookie when you register for the Internet Platform, or the Alternative Platform. A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your computer's hard disk for record-keeping purposes. Cookies can help us to recognize you when you visit our website, note the advertisements you click on, the other websites you enter via a link from our website and the website from which you entered our website via a link. This allows us to tailor the services we provide to your preferences. We may also use the data generated from cookies to compile statistical data on your use of our website. Our website uses four types of cookies:
- 'session cookies' which are stored only temporarily during a browsing session in order to allow normal use of the system and are deleted from your device when the browser is closed;
- 'first party cookies' / 'persistent cookies' which are set and read only by our website, saved on your computer for a fixed period (usually a year or longer) and are not deleted when the browser is closed. Such cookies are used where we need to know who you are for repeat visits, for example to allow us to store your preferences for the next login (such as user name and/or password);
- 'third party cookies' which are set by other websites who run content on the page you are viewing, for example by third party analytics companies who monitor and analyze our web access; and
We use a third-party advertising technology to serve advertisements when you visit our websites. This technology uses information about your visits to our websites (but without including your name, address, or other personal information), to serve our advertisements to you. We also transmit website usage information about visitors to our websites to the servers of a third party search provider for the purpose of targeting our Internet banner advertisements on this site and other sites. To do this, we use 'Web beacons' and 'cookies' provided by our third-party advertisement server on our sites. The information that is collected and logged by us or on our behalf through this technology is aggregated information and is not specifically identifiable to you. This information may also include certain technical information (such as your computers type and browser). If you do not want your non-personal information used to target advertisements to you, you can visit the Network Advertising’s website at www.networkadvertising.org or the Digital Advertising Alliance's website at www.aboutads.info/choices/ and follow the "opt-out" instructions.
Protection of Minors
The services provided by the Delaware State Lottery are not intended for or directed to minors or persons under the age of legal consent. Any person who provides us with PII (Personally Identifiable Information) represents to us that they are 21 years of age or above. We reserve the right to access and verify any PII submitted by or collected from you. If we become aware that a minor has attempted to or has submitted PII, we may not accept such information and may take steps to remove such information from our records.
Your PII will not be stored for any longer period than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or as otherwise required by law or regulation.
Information about usDelaware Lottery Office,
McKee Business Park,
1575 McKee Road, Suite 102,
Dover, DE 19904.